The government of Georgia has approved the state program – Invest in Georgia. FDI grants are launched to support foreign investment projects. The grant program will be implemented by a national agency – Enterprise in Georgia.
The goal of the program is to promote the growth of direct investments in the country, support the inflow of new technologies, and create new jobs.
The FDI grant incentive applies to the following economic sectors:
- Production of electrical and electronic engineering products;
- Manufacturing of aircraft parts and components
- Manufacture of vehicles and equipment, as well as their parts;
- Export of business services/ business process outsourcing (BPO);
- Developing Warehouses and logistic centers;
- Aircraft repair and maintenance (MRO);
The eligibility criteria include:
- An international company participating in the program will have obligation to invest at least 10 million GEL (~3 mln USD) and create a minimum of 150 jobs.
- For companies operating in the field of business process outsourcing (BPO), the minimum amount of investment equals 5 million GEL (~1.5 mln USD), with the creation of at least 200 new jobs.
Upon fulfillment of the investment obligation, Companies will get a cashback of up to 1 million GEL (~300 thsd. USD)
Invest in Georgia
Located between Europe and Asia on a historical “Silk Road”, the economy of Georgia is highly integrated with international markets. Additionally, according to the World Bank, Georgia is #7 in Doing Business and #12 in Economic Freedom.
Key sectors in Georgia are:
- Business Process Outsourcing
- Hospitality & Real Estate
- Regional Logistics Hub
If you would like to find out more about investment opportunities in Georgia, visit: https://www.investingeorgia.org/en/
If you need assistance and consultancy about taxes and legislation AGIC offers a full-service package to international investors.
Office: +995 322 500 130; +995 599 34 33 48 | E-mail: email@example.com
Address: P. Kavtaradze #10, I Turn, Floor 4 Tbilisi, Georgia